What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network.PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers,building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You anshare ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow.By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to usefor a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement.By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of thesolution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an importantrole in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-basedprograms, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joiningmore than 5 million other people who share your interest in issuesaffecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and othercitizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join ournot-for-profit parent association.